Another day, same window, same view. I slept in to minimize the amount of time that I had to spend in Kuwait on this bonus day. Took a long breakfast downstairs with my coffee and Kuwait Times. Chatted with the bellman, arranged for airport transportation, and here I am. Blogging before tackling work tasks. I realized that I spent last Valentine's Day in Kuwait. The same issues are still in the paper, in India, Muslim women in a strict sect are protecting against Indian Hindu women celebrating Valentine's Day. In Saudi Arabia, the secret shops that sell cards, hearts and candy are still operating and risking shut down. Kuwait has accepted. There are red heart balloons everywhere. When a huge chunk of the workforce is Filipino, some traditions naturally blend in with the local culture.

The police report has the usual random arrest for drug runners, no alcohol busts yesterday, a rape (this is a big problem for the Filipina women here) and no murders. There was one major accident to report since a driver was going the wrong way on the road.

This all takes me to 10:15 am local time. I'll shift gears now and get the work done that I was going to do at home. Assuming I get out tonight, I get to have 24 hours at home and then turnaround and to go St. Louis for a day. This month somehow went crazy without me realizing it until it was too late to put on the brakes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list