The sun is shining at last in Amman. This won't do me much good since it's another day of work and more work but at least everyone is in a better mood.

There was a fun article in today's paper that has nothing to do with war or regional conflict. It turns out that there is a writer who's a Trekkie. There was a fairly long article about the history of the Klingon language and how it's moved past Trek and into mainstream linguistics studies. I knew I should have moved on beyond K'Plaa and actually tried to keep up with this. Who needs all these other languages if we can just speak Klingon?

My life in Jordan is revovling around the hotel and work. I could be working anywhere in the world right now and I wouldn't even notice. Life on the road takes on a strange normalacy of coffee in the lounge, endless meetings, and long work days, and then coffee in the lounge. I have spent so much time in the region now that I scarcely notice women in burkas, men in robes, and the craziness of the roads. This has all blended into the background of what has become my new world. After a long road trip, I sometimes find it harder to adjust to life at home, where we can take so much for granted. At home, convestaion is on Survivor, American Idol. Here, it's what is going on in the region, are any roads blocked, and can we get to our next destination?

Comments

  1. Your life fascinates me. Yeah on school winding down. Any thought of grad school?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list