It's always nice to be home even if it's only for a few hours. The cat next door spotted me as soon as I pulled into the driveway and came running over to say hello. The kid's next door must have been really bored because I bounced about 7 balls back over the fence. It made such a loud noise that they came running out and were overjoyed to see their toys again. I think it rained because while it was dark and I couldn't see the yard, I walked over a lot of weeks that should not have existed. The Solar Molars were still chirping and the grass looked covered in weeds, so maybe the gopher is gone. I'll find out when the sun comes up.

Of course the final travel on a bad travel day can never go well. One of my bags didn't make it on the same flight as me, so this morning I'm making a quick trip down the road to retrieve it. (The airline called and the bag is now there.) I love living next to a commuter airport, it makes late baggage so much less of a headache.

The house must have been annoyed to have been left alone for so long. I got in the shower and of all the freak things, the shower head sprayer came loose and hit me in face, then landed on the ceramic soap holder in exactly the right way to cause an impact and the ceramic tile shattered into little pieces. The sprayer took another leap and hit my arm, and now I have a bruise. I make it around the world in one piece and then fall victim to my own bathroom. A picture downstairs decided to rearrange itself in the frame. How this happened is a mystery but so are the lights that come on by themselves. I've long since accepted that dead friends and family come back to mess with me from time to time.

I feel oddly organized. It must be the panic that set in when I realized that I was going to have to do in a few hours all the errands that I had planned to do in two days. This is my 4th weekend in a row that I'm working. I have to say that I'm tired. Thank-you Starbucks for providing a continual source of energy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list