Muscat, Oman - the view from the 6th floor balcony of my hotel room. Local law requires that all building exteriors are to be painted white and there are no exceptions. As a result, there is a lot of neon and colored sparklers to draw attention to area businesses. I won't see much of Oman on this trip but it's supposed to be one of the most diverse countries for the ocean and mountains in the Gulf Coast Countries. Oman used to be British ruled until about 30-35 years ago. The hotel is swarming with tourists. I don't know what they're all going to do, we're several hours from the ocean and I haven't seen any reason yet why I would come all the way here to relax. The Times of Oman is focused more on business and a good variety of news, instead of regional conflicts. That stuff is in there but the articles are more balanced in nature than what is in print in Jordan and Lebanon.


Comments

  1. Those are some white buildings! How do they keep them clean?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list