This is one of the crazy work weeks that makes overseas travel look desirable. On Monday, I had a day trip to Oakland. It was up at 4:00 am and out the door at 5:15 to go to the airport. 2 hours to drive to LA to get to the airport 2 hours before the flight. Once in, I had a morning conference call and then it was time to hop on the plane for the 1 hour flight to Oakland. Once there it was 30 minutes for the rental car and a 45 minute drive. This was 6 hours of my day before I arrived at the meeting destination for a 3 hour meeting and then I got to repeat the same but in reverse. Luckily I cleared airport security just in time to get on stand-by for the earlier flight home. Point to point, it was 15 hour day.

Follow this up with two intense office days and then I had another long one yesterday. This was slightly easier though. Out the door at 6:30 am to go to a 3 hour meeting in Santa Barbara. Luckily I had a carpool to join mid-drive. But, meetings never go as planned so by the time I got back home it was 8:30. Point t0 point, 14 hours. No wonder I've been sleeping the sleep of the exhausted this week! Today is an office day. I have so much going on that I'm starting to slip up and make stupid mistakes. I dedicate today to reorganizing and trying to get all projects under some sort of control.

Monday is the start of 12 days of travel that will keep me hopping from Las Vegas, to LA, then Chicago, St. Louis and then finally back home. So yes, I'm in the US but not so much at home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list