Another Tijuana work dinner has come and gone. We got out by 1:00 am and the night was subdued which is rare for a Mexico dinner. That worked out well for us. The hotels in Tijuana are pretty crappy so we always stay in San Diego.

This time, the good US hotel failed us. About 10 minutes before we had to leave, I hear a dripping sound in my bathroom. I go in to see two holes in the ceiling and water coming from the room above. I called the front desk and within 60 seconds a repair guy was in my room. He took one look at that and ran to the room upstairs and started pounding on the door. The person upstairs was my co-worker and there wasn't much we could do. We told the hotel not to worry about us since we were leaving. I didn't want to change rooms and figures my clothes were safe and dry and if the worst happened, I was only a short drive from home in the morning.

When I got back to my room last night, there were many towels on the floor and the trashcan was there with a few drops of water. I could live with that and stumbled into bed. This morning though, I figured why risk it? I checked out and came home for a nice safe shower. In usual hotel style there were no apologies but at least the problem was corrected. Or so I assume since I didn't stick around to see what would happen when the water was turned on upstairs this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog