The story behind this bottle of wine is that on Friday night, a group of us went to an Italian restaurant in St. Louis. There were several bottles that we tasted. One was a light Pinot Grigio from Venice (Santa Margarita) and then a full bodied red that I can't remember the name of but I didn't like at all. One of the people in the group wanted Pinot Noir and there were no offerings except for this one from Newberg, Oregon in Yamhill County. I had to laugh because we'd been sampling wines from Italy, in St. Louis, trying to find a California Pinot on the menu and the best wine of the night came from Mrs. H's neighborhood. I had to take a picture of the label so I would remember what it was that I liked. Pinot Fans, I'd suggest giving this one a try.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:05 PM

    Just got off the phone with Karen and she's headed home in the morning but no internet until then. She did have time to post the picture of the killer wine she just had with dinner.

    Miss Kitty and Homer: Sunday, 1:00 at Karen's and we'll head to the new pub from there.

    LJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in for Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list