The story behind this bottle of wine is that on Friday night, a group of us went to an Italian restaurant in St. Louis. There were several bottles that we tasted. One was a light Pinot Grigio from Venice (Santa Margarita) and then a full bodied red that I can't remember the name of but I didn't like at all. One of the people in the group wanted Pinot Noir and there were no offerings except for this one from Newberg, Oregon in Yamhill County. I had to laugh because we'd been sampling wines from Italy, in St. Louis, trying to find a California Pinot on the menu and the best wine of the night came from Mrs. H's neighborhood. I had to take a picture of the label so I would remember what it was that I liked. Pinot Fans, I'd suggest giving this one a try.
Cruising the Danube
Life on the river often means spots where I can't get a good wifi connection so I'm a bit behind on blogging. I'm going to do this one fast and then get more detailed on the last two stops. I'm sailing with AMA Waterways and the ship is the AmaVerde as seen from the dock in Vidin. Usually I share a bigger cabin with a friend but for this trip we decided to splurge and get our own cabin. Here's my little home for the week. Most of Thursday was on the ship as we sailed from Bulgaria to Serbia. This lock is the second gate of the Iron Gates. Looking over at the dam on the river. View from my cabin. The water is just below the window. There are only three decks on this ship and I'm on Level 3.
Just got off the phone with Karen and she's headed home in the morning but no internet until then. She did have time to post the picture of the killer wine she just had with dinner.
ReplyDeleteMiss Kitty and Homer: Sunday, 1:00 at Karen's and we'll head to the new pub from there.
LJ
Count me in for Sunday!
ReplyDelete