Friday at last! I've been sucked into the vortex that happens to me each time I come to St. Louis. I'm overscheduled and always tired from getting up at 4:00 am California time. So far the first 4 days of school have been a breeze. It's always nice having the first class as a way to ease back into the routine. I go home Saturday and plan to spend Saturday night doing homework so that I can relax on Sunday. I only have 5 more weeks of the easy class before it all goes back to normal craziness.

The crime capital of the US had a cop killing by a 15 year old recently and the news attention is on East St. Louis right now and it ever downward trend into self destruction. It's like in the Simpsons movie where Springfield is covered by a bubble as a solution. The area has finally realized that the invisible bubble over East St. Louis is going to crack and the crime is about to escalate to the other side of the river. This is the most bizarre place of racial and cultural divide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog