The last weekend of summer tourist season has arrived! In a few more days we can travel up and down the 5 without worry of Del Mar traffic. Now the drive can be back to merely bad instead of horrible! In three more days I can go back to the beach and get a parking spot at any time of day. Small good that does me because in four more days I'll find myself in Mexico City. That's how it goes sometimes. I'm devoting this weekend to homework and relaxation. The relaxation part comes in because I'm not planning to drive anywhere unless I have to. I saw the traffic today and it was not good. So it will be Carlsbad living for the weekend.
Cruising the Danube
Life on the river often means spots where I can't get a good wifi connection so I'm a bit behind on blogging. I'm going to do this one fast and then get more detailed on the last two stops. I'm sailing with AMA Waterways and the ship is the AmaVerde as seen from the dock in Vidin. Usually I share a bigger cabin with a friend but for this trip we decided to splurge and get our own cabin. Here's my little home for the week. Most of Thursday was on the ship as we sailed from Bulgaria to Serbia. This lock is the second gate of the Iron Gates. Looking over at the dam on the river. View from my cabin. The water is just below the window. There are only three decks on this ship and I'm on Level 3.
Comments
Post a Comment