Life in this neighborhood is so predictable sometimes. The family next door got divorced and no one has been around in a week. Last week, Mom, the 2 boys, and a couple of allies came over and retrieved all the balls to take them to where ever new home is. I miss them. It's so empty in my backyard without anything to bounce back over the fence.

I also realized that I lost my buffer family. Sometime in the last 8 weeks the people 2 houses down acquired 2 little mop-like dogs. I only noticed because the mops were playing not in their own yard but on the yard of the house next door.

Yesterday, I watched in amazement as the mop-dog's Mom came back from the walk and entered through the gate and stopped at my entrance to talk to someone. I'm looking at these people and trying to do school but thinking "move along now, move along." The two ladies are watching the dogs get tangled up in their leashes and of course - the predictable part - the mop dog mom takes off the leashes and tells the dogs "go play" and nudges them right up my lawn.

Now I don't really care about the plants but we all know where doggies play, doggies drop.

So I had to do it. 5 minutes later I realized the two ladies were going to stay put in front of my house and on the driveway and had no clue someone was even in the house. I ran to my garage and opened the door (couldn't see anything with the door closed) but heard them shout in surprise and as I was backing out they scurried away to their own yard.

When I returned 15 minutes later the dogs and people were camped in front of the next door neighbor's abandoned divorce house and that's where they are playing now. If you wouldn't do it in your own yard then what makes it acceptable to be done in others?

Sadly my former neighbors had to put an orange cone in their driveway to prevent strangers from parking at their house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog