Day 12. Officially started work at 9:00 am and ended at 9:30 pm. Unofficially there were a few e-mails when I woke up and a few over the last 45 minutes while I shoved a sandwich down my mouth since there's no time for a real dinner. Today was a tiring day for everyone. Everything has to be discussed, negotiated, and finally steamrolled to make progress. Today, I was the steamroller. It stays with you even after work. I found myself in the business center of the hotel negotiating payment rates for using their printer. My argument was why should I pay full price, when I had brought my own paper? (Special certificate paper) I got them down to half price which was better than the $8.00 they wanted to charge me for three pieces of paper that I had printed.

The newspaper and television media are closely following Zimbabwe. The economy is expected to fall any day now and the region is watching to see what happens. The ruler is 83 and it's time for him to go. I'm not sure of the regional impact but this story is getting as much press as the new unified Palestinian government and the situation in Iraq.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list