On my first trip to the Middle East, I carefully packed a 1 lb. bag of Starbucks coffee to get me through the 3 weeks. What I didn't know was that the hotels do not have in-room coffee makers here. There is a hot water heater and instant coffee packets. I lugged that Starbucks around 5 countries because I refused to throw away good coffee and I was always hoping that the next country would have a coffee brewer. They don't exist. My only joy is when I can stop at a real Starbucks and get coffee. So here I am at 9:00 am Kuwait time, at the airport, sitting happily at the Starbucks and enjoying a Caramel Macciato. Yum! I have to say that the Kuwait Starbucks franchise does an excellent job. Since eating is the national past time here there is always a crowd but it's worth the wait.

As I was in the taxi on the way to the airport I was wondering when I would be back in Kuwait. I was thinking that it wouldn't be for a long time but then I remembered I have to come back here to fly home. So I guess that makes it 8 days but at least the next stop will only be a 9 hour airport layover.

Next stop - Dubai.

Update 1 minute later. As I posted this blog, a Starbucks employee came around passing out small cups of a promotional coffee and brownie bites. Now that's great service!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list