The new airline tickets arrived today for next week's trip. It's back to Kuwait-Dubai-Oman on this cycle and then I'll be done with the mid-east until the end of the year. I was reading the online edition of the Kuwait Times tonight and there was an editorial about "How Kuwait Touched my Heart." This nurse came to Kuwait to work in a clinic and talked about isolation and the internet (I could relate) and how there wasn't much to do there. Then she found seasons and flowers and warm sun could be charming. Turns out Kuwait was the first place she'd ever been outside of her home country of Bulgaria. Tough call. I've never been to Bulgaria but in a toss up, Kuwait's ocean and weather might come out on top.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list