As I try to post this, my laptop keeps trying to reboot. Such is the joy of upgrades and migrations. Ugh. Let us move on to "Team America, World Police." Since I have the t-shirt in my closet thanks to Comic-Con, I felt the need to see the movie. When Trey Parker and Matt Stone showed a small preview at the Con, it was a different spin on the movie than the current media focus. I really laughed at the Con but as it sometimes goes, most of the good stuff is in the previews. I didn't enjoy "Team America" as much as "Southpark" or "Orgazmo" but I am a fan of stupidly funny comedy and I laughed once in a while.

Most notable for Sci-fi fans was the excellent attention to detail in the Cantina scene and the later Jedi nod. Kudos for the Klingon language as well but when I realized that I was the only person in the audience who understood it, well it wasn't my finer moment in life. As usual, the songs stay in your head and I'll be singing "c'mon, we've all got quilts to sew" or "Team America, Fuck Yeah!" for quite a while. If you've been waiting for this movie, you'll enjoy it. If you've never heard of it, don't bother. For the record, Rotten Tomatoes rated it 75% Fresh.

Comments

  1. I've been wearing my free t-shirt out in public, advertising their movie for free. I plan to see the film, but since I've only been to the theatre a few times this year, I might wait for the DVD. Speaking of DVDs, I have like 500 hours of various DVD viewing to catch up on, including the new Star Wars trilogy release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there-

    I thought Team America was the funniest movie of the year. I noticed your blog becuase you have American Werewolf in London listed as one of your favorite movies.

    Several weeks ago, I was attacked and bitten by a large animal on the Williamsburg Bridge in Brooklyn.

    I don't know what is happening to me.

    Check out the whole story at:

    http://whatishappeningtome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog