When I returned home last night from the desert run, a sad sight awaited me. My front yard fence had finally collasped and fallen against the tree. The wood was all rotted and just couldn't take it anymore. So now my Saturday morning begins with dealing with this fence. The last bid to replace it was $2100 which I turned down so now I have to find something better or I'll be stuck with that guy! And of course I'm about to be out of town for another 10 days. I guess there's never a good time to buy a new fence so it might as well be now.

On the movie note, I did see "Ladder 49" while I was in Yuma. While the movie went on a little too long it was enjoyable overall. There was a lot of insight into the lives of firefighters and the emotional ties they have with their families and one another. I thought that part was realistic and seemed to match what I've heard from firefighter friends. Joaquin Phoenix and John Travolta did their part and most of the audience cried. I didn't but that's just me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog