Blogging, Beer, and Baseball - it just doesn't get better than this. So there's this whole side story about beer from Ruth Chris' bar that I haven't mentioned yet. I said that 3 Doors Down was in the bar but I didn't go into details. I would have never known who these guys were but the bartender told us so that was that. When we arrived I sat down next to one of the bandmembers, who seemed kind of freaked about me actually wanting a seat at the bar. He put down his beer and asked one of his friends to watch the beer. His friend promptly made fun of him like "what, is it going to do tricks?" (Dirty look followed) I told the friend that I had sat down next to the beer and threatened it. Well the guy came back to an unharmed beer but next thing you know, cops were moving into the stands at Yankees's Stadium. I made a joke that someone in the stands had lost their beer. Everyone appreciated the joke except for paranoid beer guy.

Then one of my friends popped the top of my beer with his beer when I wasn't looking and my beer spilt everywhere! What a major bummer!

Well I survived and made it home in time to watch Game 1 of the World Series from my favorite bar in Carlsbad - Karl Strauss. Who knew but when I ordered my Stargatzer Ale, that the bartender would pour Red Trolley Ale instead. Yuck! They did replace the beer but it drove home the point - always watch your beer.

So 9th inning and the Red Sox win! Go adopted team! I did meet a great bartender that Ms. Kitty and I will visit soon for Russian Imperial Stout. I also met a fun couple from St. Louis that I'll look up when I make my first visit to that city. The final lesson is to watch your beer and always have fun where ever you watch the game!

Comments

  1. Wow, that bar, Karl Strauss, sounds fun. I wish I had been there. I would have watched my beer. Stargazer Ale rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list