Mondo and I had our first experience yesterday in the world of harnesses and belaying. We went to an indoor rock climbing gym and after a short lesson we were on the ropes and climbing. On the two attempts up the wall I was convinced that I would never reach the top due to my fear of heights. Amazingly enough, I did make it on the 3rd attempt. Even harder though was letting go of the wall and holding on to the rope only and having someone else be in control of the descent. After several tries on the beginner wall we were ready to go to the next level. The difference between a 3 and 4 doesn't seem like much but on a rock wall it's a lot!

Again, I thought I'd never get to the top but I did. It was an incredible workout and I know that I'm hooked. Both of us earned the right to eat and drink as much as we wanted to so we went back to OB and met up with Ms. Kitty and headed over to the OB Oktoberfest. The first tent was the microbrew tent for good beer and head-banger music. Mondo wanted to try out the mosh pit but she was quickly vetoed. We headed over to the more interactive Bavarian tent for bad beer but fun surroundings. After rock climbing I had no problem doing the chicken dance in public and so I did! It's okay to be a Polka nerd once a year. Ms. Kitty and I strategized ways to bring good beer into the Bavarian tent when we return next year. Polka just goes better with dark beer or a good IPA!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list