After a day of relaxation, I've spent most of today doing homework. As that can only keep my focus for so long, I decided to surf the net as I do the countdown to ceasefire along with Fox News.

Someday I'd like to read the print version of a Syrian newspaper. Not much gets out about that country from their online Damascus News Agency. This headline caught my eye: President Assad Receives a Telephone Call from UN Secretary General.

I clicked on the link and this was it - "Talks during the call dealt with the situation in Lebanon following the UN Security Council resolution and the cease-fire expected to be implemented over the next few hours." Okay then. Nice to know Assad is taking calls.

There were more detailed news reports but they mainly focused on bashing Israel.

Kuwait Times offered up this gem today: A 23-year-old Kuwaiti decided to drive his KD 13,000 German car after the tyres went flat. Unfortunately, this caused the car to catch fire. Though the driver escaped unharmed, the car was totalled by the time firemen arrived."

Tel Aviv's online paper was all war news feeds from both Haifa and Southern Lebanon. The war is intensly debated by both supporters and non-supporters. Israel seems to be following the US, as a country divided into Red and Blue State mentality.

The Lebanon paper is quiet. What's the point of writing a story of hope if the cease fire doesn't happen as planned?

School looks so much more peaceful now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list