AT&T Hell

I did something new today and filed a complaint against AT&T with the California Public Utilities commission. The compliant service is done in e-mail browser format, hence the funny wording.

.......

Disupting bill of $74.32. AT&T service was sold specifically for a DSL line. The original rep sold phone service in conjunction with DSL. The activation date of July 3rd came and went and nothing happened. I left the country and on July 10, I still had no DSL or phone line. I called for service and was told that DSL was not available in my area. A service tech would need to come examine the line and see why there was no dial tone. I cancelled the service and told them not to bother with a tech because all I wanted was DSL and this is not available.

On July 17, 2006 I received a final payment for $74.32. I called to dispute and I was told I was under contractual obligation to pay the bill. From my point of view, AT&T did not keep up their end of the contract since the rep at the time of sale told me that DSL was available, quoted me the rate, and confirmed DSL would be activated on July 3rd. As I had to travel again, I left the matter unresolved until July 27th when I was referred back again to AT&T customer service. My report was taken, I was once again chastised for even trying to break the contract by not paying the bill and I was told that this would get turned over to the escalations department and I would be contacted in 72 hours/3 business days. 5 business days passed and on day 6 (today) I called to find out the status of my claim. I was told that AT&T was short staffed and that's why no one called me back. at 2:55 pm PST, the escalations department called and told me that they were the incorrect department.

I was then transferred to Final Billing, where I was asked if I wanted to start service. I asked the rep to read my history first before we started off on a series of questions that would go nowhere. I was put back into the AT&T queue at 3:11 pm. It is now 3:34 pm and there is no sign that anyone at AT&T is going to pick up the phone and remove my complaint. I cannot be the first person in the history of AT&T to dispute a bill. I request assistance in having this charge removed.

...........

What the complaint doesn't even note is the length of time I spend on hold, the amount of transfers, and reasons why each person is unable to resolve the complaint.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list