Weeds. You can't escape genetics. I have been programmed since birth to have an aversion to letting a weed escape my attention. At the condo, weeding was simple. I had a rock yard and the few weeds that made it thorugh were pulled right away. Now I have yard and after 4 weeks of neglect, the weeds have tried to assert their authority. I have spent the last two days fighting back. It's amazing how quickly they grow. In a matter of 5 hours, more had appeared. I couldn't let it go and now I have a patio full of dead weeds.

When you weed, you learn how many bugs really live in your yard. If anyone ever needs worms, this is the place. Green worms in the grass, black worms in the dirt. They're everywhere. Ants live here too. I stepped in an ant hill today. That wasn't pleasant for me or the ants.

I am now out of Round-Up and Ant Killer. They're at the top of my list for tomorrow's shopping. The worms can stay.









The kitty next door surveys the damage I've inflicted on my yard.
















One of the piles of weeds.

There's no escaping genetics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list