Even I recognize when it's time to prune the flowers and weed out the dead life so that the other plants can have room to survive. I'm not sure how long the evidence will remain and I assume that at some point this weekend I'll move the yard waste into a trash can. For now, (not that you can tell) the flower beds do look a lot better and more life is coming into the purple plants.
Spring is here and the swallows have returned. The parents have secured the nest and I'm not sure if there are eggs yet or not but there is a constant viligence kept up by both parents-to-be from either the roof or the trees. Only once did I see both of them go into the nest. Otherwise, they are on the look out. I'm also getting 5:45 am wake-up calls from them and this must cease and desist if we are all to be happy neighbors for the next 3 months!
As you might expect, the cat is on the prowl for both birds and gophers now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list