The Zurich challenge was conquered in March 2006 and made for a long but fun weekend destination. This weekend, the Oslo challenge is on! Crazier than Zurich, this is my own personal amazing race, to go where I've never been and in a short weekend.

At the time I booked the travel, it all made sense. I was going to be off this entire week so why not add on a few days in Europe? Airfares were low and I had the time. Now, I've worked all week and only have off Friday-Sunday.

But it can be done.

Tonight I'll be on the LAX-London non-stop. I arrive in London at 12:15 pm local time and have a few hours to tranist the airport for the flight to Oslo. I get in late evening in Oslo and take the train to my hotel. I expect that I will arrive just in time to fall into a deep sleep! (That may be hampered by the 18.5 hours of sunlight and that never works well for me at bedtime.) On Saturday I'll wake up hopefully refreshed and head out on the Hop-On-Hop-Off tour. I've banned all museums from this trip because when I'm jet lagged, the last thing I want to be in indoors. This plan will change if it's raining and I'll be the first one inside! There is always the mandatory stop at Hard Rock Cafe to get the guitar pin and then at the end of the day, it's back to London to spend the night. On Sunday, I get back on the plane for the flight home.

I admit this trip is out there. I probably won't repeat it again this year. My choices for the weekend were Oslo, Lisbon, or Warsaw. My goal is two part - go to a place where I've never been and earn the most possible airline miles for the least amount of money. I also want to avoid the North Dakota/Rhode Island trap where I had been to almost all of the states and found myself with gaps that had to be their own destinations. In Europe, I want to close those gaps before moving on to see Central Europe next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list