Today was another Tijuana day but this time without incident. No rogue cops to pull us over, no worries at the border crossing. Just another normal day of business followed by a typical Mexico business lunch. Today's lunch slightly deviated from normal as I learned that there is a whole specialty of regional seafood dishes for Baja Norte. For the first time in my life I tried Abalone Chorizo (my idea but not my favorite), sashimi scallops - thinly sliced large scallops marinated in different sauces (liked one but not the other), and thinly sliced potatos (think potato salad thin) with sliced salmon on top.

On top of that we ended up eating ahi tuna, seared tuni, and pesto salmon. Add in some steamed veggies, tortillas, and wine to the mix and after 4 hours, were full. We left just in time otherwise the evening would have rolled into dinner and there would be more food and more wine. Next time, I'm back to the old safety net - shrimp scampi for dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog