Today was the day I finally figured out that unless I said something, my yard would be considered open playground forever. I don't mind the normal kid's playing in the street since they do no harm. But I drew the line this morning when the playground moved onto my side yard and front porch area. There were 4 kids all playing as if they lived here, the mom and dog were sitting on the lawn without a care in the world. If I'm not here, I'd never know but sometimes, Hello, I live here too.

I couldn't even believe that I had to be in a position to ask them to move. Their own house is right across the street corner from me and there's plenty of grass and yard there. I had to apologize for my own right to have a peaceful morning without the sounds of pre-schoolers crushing the yard. Well, maybe next time the parents will actually think first before moving in. My guess is that it lasts about 3 weeks before they forget and move back in.

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:13 PM

    Oh, the nerve of those neighbors and their brats! You'd think with big ole houses and big ole yards, they'd leave yours alone. If it were my house, I'd tell the mom and kids to scram, and then play with their dog!

    Ms. Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your neighborhood is very family oriented, where kids play in the street without looking out for cars. In MY day, we got out of the road any time a car came driving by. I could never live in a neighborhood overrun with children, who get driven around in large, gas-guzzling SUVs while their overweight moms are talking on thier cell phones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are no fat people in this neighborhood. I think it's the thinnest & fittest place I've ever lived. Have to say most of the cars are fuel efficient here too. I just can't figure out why my yard seems to be socially acceptable to be overrun with kids when it doesn't happen in the yards where the families have kids. The dog poops too and I'm tired of cleaning up. Hence, the investment home and future move to the penthouse condo! I don't get how such nice people can be so obliviously inconsiderate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:32 PM

    You have to start laying down the law. Or next thing you know, they will be blasting the Beach Boys over the fence instead of just beach balls.


    People.


    Mondo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog