Saturday night saw my return to the Belly Up Tavern for the first time in years. I had pretty much given up on the place as a concert venue but decided to return for They Might Be Giants. After all, it was a lot easier to drive 10 miles instead of the 80 to LA for a concert. The Belly Up looked bigger than I remembered. Usually places seem smaller after time or maybe it was because we had to stand the whole night that there was more time for me to look up and realize there was balcony seating! Those lucky people. I made a decision that night that there was no more standing cheap tickets for me. I want a balcony seat. I had a clear view to the stage which was pretty amzing given that some of the guys there were taller than Homer! Many were much wider too but that was more of a space issue rather than a viewing issue.

I'm sure the concert was great. TMBG played a good mix of old & new, hits and B sides, and made the show fun. It was a starter show for the tour so the set wasn't tight but for $25 bucks, and an easy drive the show was worth it. The biggest surprise of the night was that Guinness was only $5 but I wasn't in the mood to have to miss the concert due to bathroom breaks, so I only drank one beer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog