http://www.heromiles.org/

This weekend the 10 major US airlines are matching mile donations to Fisher House. This program is partnered with CNN and if you even channel surf CNN, you've seen the ads. I think this is a great way to donate those random miles that will never be used. If you travel at all, you've probably got a few thousand miles getting ready to expire on an airline that you might never fly again.

I figure, I earned those miles and I don't want to let them go unused. It's a long flight to Iraq. Most military families cannot afford the ticket and don't have the 100,000's of miles that it requires for a free ticket to the Middle East. From now until Monday at 6:00 pm, the airlines will match your donation.

I donated miles this morning. There must be thousands of others donating too because the site was slow and had trouble loading but it was quick and easy to donate miles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog