Love is in the air again! Yes, it's true.

My TiVo and I have been reunited after a long separation.

That's not to say it has been missing but when I moved into the new house I didn't get a phone line so TiVo couldn't phone home. Everything had to be programmed manually and TiVo didn't like that. Well, neither did I. TiVo would give messages "haven't connected in 30 days" and I would pretend not to see them. TiVo would lose time, I would compensate on the programming.

Then TiVo's parents got wise. They realized there were people like me out there who made the switch to mobile phones and tossed the landlines. We are the wireless homes. TiVo came out with a wireless transmitter to phone home. The only problem was, I was also too lazy to install wireless. That is, until the fire when 2 laptops arrived and were searching for a signal. So wireless was installed. Even then I delayed the trip to Best Buy.

Then Ameoba was in town and as usual, had to make sure at least one system upgrade took place under his watch. This time, it was TiVo's turn.

The TiVo wireless works great, downloads fast after the initial connection and best of all I have dozens of hours all programmed to record with a single remote.

Reunited and it feels so good! TiVo is love. Everyone should have a TiVo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog