It was one of those days. After a full week of non-stop eating and drinking I had to pay the price of tight fitting pants. I deserve this for all I've been chowing down but it's not fair that it comes after Pilate's, the Firm fitness ball, and hitting the beach stairs. No worries though. I start traveling soon and my clothes always fit better when I don't have time to eat. Anyhow the tight clothes are nothing compared to me having to be the mean neighbor lady today.

I'm ignoring the small children as usual when the gate starts rattling. The gate is locked from both sides so unless you have the key you have to climb. I look out the window and realize that there is a new set of small children playing that have not previously been identified. The gate is partially broken due to someone kicking it in and the small children were bent on destroying the remains.

I couldn't take it. I opened my door and told them to stop kicking the gate and to call their mom if they needed the key. It turns out they didn't lose a ball, they merely wanted to figure out how to get to the other side if they did lose it as they were all too small too climb. I told them not to play on the street if they couldn't handle their toys. There was pretty much no answer but a lot of pretend dialing was going on as if they were calling their mom. Later, they all trudged off to a random house, confirming my opinion that this was a new group. Normally, we have parent watch going on when kid's are playing so it was odd to see unsupervised ones running amok.

I got to be the mean lady in the end house today. I miss the normal neighbor kids. I think they're still at Grandma's. Can't wait until they return and take back the street!

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:00 PM

    Way to go, "Mean Lady"! Kids need to learn that public property isn't theirs to destroy.

    Ms. Kitty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog