Comic-Con: Day 4

Before I recap today, let's look back.  First, Mondo does not look deformed, just con weary.  Second, are we now referring to Sam's Girlfriend's as the Hobbitlust?  I thought I'd be kind and not go on about Sam's Girlfriends but as some guy on the trolley mentioned today, "it's okay to make fun of them as long as they don't hear you."  Good advice.  Hmmm, I didn't even see any Hobbits today.  Their secret boyfriends had left the con so that may be why the Hobbitlust have gone back to their holes.

Today was an easy day at the con.  I had no tough schedules or meetings to arrange.  I walked in andd grabbed the update and right away found someone I knew.  XERO was on a mission to get a limited She-Ra action figure and you could only purchase them via the ticket lottery so XERO's friend and myself were both recruited for the mission.  We went to the Marvel booth and got the tickets and then went off to our panels since we had a few hours wait.

First up for me was Seed of Chucky.  Yes, we all know how Bride of Chucky ended and now we get the follow up.  Jennifer Tilly made a con appearance as did Chucky via video.  What we saw and heard of the movie, it looks to be a great comedy this fall.  The franchise is secure.

After that was Shaun of the Dead.  Now I had wanted to see this preview earlier in the week but I choose beer and dinner over the movie.  It turns out that there were 3 screening of the movie and I missed all of them.  We saw the trailer and some behind the scenes and who doesn't love a zombie comedy?  I'll be there this September when it's released.

Now at this point I had a decision to make.  Would I attend Starship Smackdown or see Joss Whedon discuss Serenity?  Since I was already in Room 20 and I knew Joss would entertain, I decided to stay.  Good decision since the entire cast of Firefly/Serenity showed up to support their movie.  We saw some clips from the movie, and the audience questions were mostly good and Joss just took control when the stalkers tried to speak.  Serenity hits theaters in Spring 2005.

After this it was time to go see if our tickets were winners and all three of us made the cut.  It turned out with a winning ticket you could not only by She-Ra but Batman as well.  As I went in the line (after all, XERO needed all 3) people just started thrusting $20 bills in my face asking me to get them a figure.  It was quite strange but I bought Batman for some guy and he was very grateful.  I felt like such an action figure pimp.  At that point enough was enough and it was time to leave the con.  I'll return next year, July 14-17, 2005.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog