We had a fellowship of 9 for the waterpark day. It turns out that Knott's Soak City is smaller and tamer than other parks and for that reason, it was also less crowded. I thought we'd last two hours but we were there for 5! The most fun was just floating on the tube on the lazy river but the slides were fun too. We had passes to get in so it was just $8 for the parking, and another $8 for food, so the cost does add up quickly. Lockers are $5. We had lots of fun, put on plenty of sunscreen but I somehow still mananged to get a sunburn on my face and back. When we left we felt that we had done everything in the park we needed to do and were satisfied with the day. A word of caution, the tidal basin wave maker pool is very hard to do without an inner tube. Several of us swallowed/inhaled too much water and had to choke out way back to the shore. I saw several little children really struggle to stay afloat in the the water.

Afterwards we all cleaned up and met at City Walk Karl Strauss for dinner/beer. Our number increased to 12. We had the various beer, appetizers, food and very stimulating Star Trek conversation. I ended home at 1:00 am and it was a good day. Now if I can just get the sunburn to fade away!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list