As Homer said, I was stuck in Chicago for hours. Falling snow is a beautiful thing unless you are in Chicago. I watched the stuff fall down for hours, soft fluufly flakes, so deceptively quiet. 4 hours of it and I was wondering if I was going to spend the weekend at ORD. Finally my flight was given the go and I was off to Paris, hours after the original plan.

Brad & Lorie were waiting for me at the Paris airport and the shuttle was still waiting for me even after a 3.5 hour delay go Blue Vans! We got checked into the hotel which is right by the Arc de Triomph and on the Champs-Elysees. First up though was the Eiffel Tower. It looks every bit as cool as I imagined and we were there long enough to see the night lights come on. After spending nearly hours there it was time to stroll the Champs and find dinner. We ended up having Thanksgiving dinner at a Persian restaurant and it was fun! I'd now been awake for nearly 36 or more hours so it was time for me to crash.

This morning we got off to an early start and went to the Louvre. Luck was with us because there were no early crowds and we went right up to the Mona Lisa. I'm not huge art fan but there is a lot to see and we ended up spending close to 4 hours in the Louvre. On to Notre Dame where we admired all the stained glass inside but had much more fun in the underground crypts. We were ready for more underground after that so we went to the Catacombs and they were closed for the winter. So, here I am in the net cafe, blogging in Paris.

It's 33F or so but the sky is clear and there's no snow so as far as I'm concerned, the weather is great! Next stop - climb the Arc de Triomphe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list