Blogger at Sea: Cozumel! Last night we had the Trek pajama party which was not as scary as you might think. Most people wore some type of t-shirt/sweats outfit so everyone was covered up and nothing was showing that we didn't want to see. Chase Masterson was our hostess and she had game stations and nail polish stations set up. It's pretty funny watching the hologram doctor paint someone's nails for the first time and botching up the job. Even funnier was watching the guys get their nails done. There was a pajama contest and the winner went to a new friend of mine - Nancy, who's an original fan of Trek since TOS was first on the air. Nancy raised her children to watch Star Trek so her daughter Janet is also on the cruise. Janet's about my age and she drinks beer so you know we get along! I left the party when truth or dare started because in the Trek world, do you really want to know? I think not.

Last night the ocean current was termed as "moderate chop" which to me is hell. I couldn't sleep and kept wishing the darn water would just stop moving. I was so relieved when the alarm went off even though it was 7:00 am. I tried room service for breakfast and it was better than fighting the crowds at the Lido. We had to retake our group photo on the deck so 200 of us piled out there at 9:30 am for our photo. 200 people giving the Vulcan salute is always a fun thing. After that we went on for a game of Trek Taboo, then Terri and I had lunch on her veranda and watched the water go by as we finally approached Cozumel and land! We had to anchor since there were already 5 ships in port and they all had the docks.

For me, this was a spa day. I had no desire to shop with 9000 other cruise passengers and when you're in port, the spa discounts everything. I had the gym to myself so I did a workout to try and balance out the ice cream and then it was on for the stone massage and a facial. This was the most relaxing day I've had on the cruise. Then it was back to Terri's verandah to watch the sunset and 3 of the other ships leave the port and well, here I am! I'm hungry and looking forward to tonight's feast. Tomorrow we're at sea all day and it's our last day of all Trek activities. And to answer Homer's comment - yes, I'm taking pictures but Terri is taking hundreds so I'll have plenty to post in the coming weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog