Carlsbad is only on voluntary evacuation notice and as such the streets of my neighborhood are full of cars from evacuees. Brad, Lorie, & Keith (aka OB, Mrs. OB, & Homer) were all told to leave their homes. Plus the gecko. Dinner decisions were limited so a trip to the market was needed. I have now learned what people buy when there's an urgent need to feed people quickly and our list was the same as those who went before us....Beer (men were carrying them out by the 12 packs) frozen pizza (almost out) sandwiches (skipped the deli counter) and....bananas? No bananas for us! Who knew? We're fed, and seem to be safe for the night so it's lights out. Hopefully we won't have the 2:30 am wake-up by the police. The wind has picked back up so it's any one's guess what will happen tomorrow.




Comments

  1. Anonymous6:02 AM

    Ah, so you are harboring refugees as well? I have a coworker, her son, and her son's cat with me since last night. My parents are still safe in their area of Poway, but so many of my fellow teachers slept away from their homes last night.

    Good luck to all who are waiting out the blaze!

    Ms. Kitty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list