This was the last weekend of the free concert series in the park. Today’s free event was at Chopin concert that took place at the Chopin monument. I relaxed after a long morning of walking and contemplated that much of Polish life resembled San Diego life if only slightly removed. Even the waiter at Hard Rock Café had spent a couple of years in San Diego! Little is left of Jewish community from WWII. The Nazi’s destroyed the Warsaw ghetto and only few chunks of the wall remain on what is today a busy downtown street.

If I return to Poland then my next stop will be Krakow. It’s supposed to be prettier, friendlier, and full of tourist sightseeing. I have to recommend Poland as a stop. It’s easy to get around, not taxing on the US Dollar, and relaxing compared to other non-English countries. English was not widely spoken but I was able to get around. The streets and road signs are all in Polish which made reading a challenge but ABC still translates in any language.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list