Must be the day. I just got to my LAX hotel and couldn't remember if the park & fly rate was valet or normal. I leave my car and go to check in and find out. The desk clerk gets a funny look on his face as he tries to pull up my reservation and disappears into the back room. He returns and says that someone else in the hotel has my reservation open and he can't get in. People check in and out while I wait...and wait some more. Finally someone else comes over and they can't figure it. I'm unamused and it shows. They tell me that valet is on the house so I go and let the valet know they can keep the car.

Upon return back in they are finally in my reservation and the dreaded question - did you already try to check in?

No.

Someone is messing with me. I tell the guy that the last time this happened I walked into an occupied room. He changes my room (nice upgrade too) to prevent that but something is still up with my reservation. I'm sure I'll find out tomorrow or later next week if some odd charges appear. For now, I seem to be settled in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list