There's nothing like a homeowner's association to take your mind off sad thoughts and focus your energy back into annoyance mode. This gem arrived today:
  • On behalf of the Board of Directors for Carlsbad Parkside, I would like to remind the homeowners/residents of the parking policies.
  • Parking on the street should occur only if a garage has one vehicle in it already and one in the driveway. I'd have to guess that most houses here have three vehicles. I'm not sure who is getting singled out but someone complained.
  • Please do not park in the wrong direction on the street. Please make sure you park your car facing the flow of traffic. This has been bugging me though. In the last month a lot of drivers are getting lazy.
  • Please do not park in a red zone at any time. We have red zones?
  • Please do not use the vehicle turn-abouts for vehicle storage or toys such as basketball hoops and play structures. No, it wasn't me and it wasn't the next door neighbor. She's been parking her car in the corner turn-around. We didn't complain. Everyone backs up even when no one is in the corners. And has the association not figured out yet that the playhouse and basketball hoop were abandoned months ago by former owners?

Sorry guys, no more parking in the corner. Use the driveway or the sidewalk. Run over the basketball hoop if you want though.

Comments

  1. I've seen a very large motor home parked in a red zone before, along the entrance street to your home. My association gives warnings first, then fines for repeat offenders of parking violations. Our biggest problem is people using the open areas as short-cuts, thus ruining the landscaping. A few weeks ago I saw a man walk through the ice plant in front of my condo. I gave him a dirty look but he ignored me with his ipod playing.

    And welcome home, for at least awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:51 PM

    It's nice to have more parking than I can use and neighbors who don't complain. But it is good that the HOA at least trys to enforce the rules. I should bring my truck over and park on top of the playhouse and hoop. Maybe then someone will haul it away.

    OB

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list