Some days I wonder how I do my crazy job. Now, I realize this is burger and fries and nothing that will make the world a better place but I’m entitled to my rant. Today, was a circus. I booked a trip to Mexico City, I canceled a trip to Mexico City. Said trip is now re-reserved for a nearly the exact same time. I booked LA area hotels, changed the reservation, and changed it again. Then I booked another hotel just because.

Customs is holding up a protective gear apron from crossing the border from Laredo, TX to Mexico. The reason? It’s made in Malaysia. We only ship this apron all the time and it’s never been an issue. I’ve rewritten the clearance letter three times and given the original to the broker to reformat at will to get this apron cleared. I say ditch the apron and clear the cargo.

We think one of the frozen food containers for Singapore got dumped on the high seas during a rough ocean crossing. Tried to do an emergency reorder but the paperwork won’t come through until next week. Who needs to sell food anyhow?

I may or may not be going to Pakistan this year. Nothing like a country in crisis to attract new business. But hey, there was a drug cartel bomb in Mexico City last week and a new weapons cache was found in Merida. So Pakistan, here I come.

Meeting with some guy from Trinidad next week. After Pakistan, Trinidad’s looking kind of tame.

And after doing a major training program launch last year, my co-workers on the project claimed amnesia when they couldn’t remember the facts of the new materials even though they argued the point over and over during the training.

On a bright note, class 4 ended. I’m now 40% of the way through school. (Slightly more since I overlapped class 5 with class 4)

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:14 PM

    I did nothing at work today.

    OB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was busy the whole week, but completed no task. Today I left early because I was just staring at my computer screen for 30 minutes doing nothing. I have to take tomorrow off, due to a 5 day training class next week. Once again I have three days off and nothing to do, other than getting all my hairs cut tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the travel you do...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:04 AM

    You know that I can top the busy part but it's killing me that you are moving through your Masters so quickly! After the class I am in I will only be 50% done and at my current pace it will be almost 2 more years before I finish.

    LJ

    p.s. Nice new picture for Homer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, LJ. I needed a beard-less photo of me to make me look younger.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list