Throughout the day I've gone back and forth about what to post on this blog. My original plan was one more Trek photo for your amusement. I thought about blogging on how the courts in Saudi Arabia are moving one step closer for women's rights to drive without fear of arrest. I looked at Beirut's mess and thought about how that country is close to falling off into the sea figuratively at this moment.

But I couldn't do it. Something has happened to a co-worker's family that is truly tragic. I hope for the best for her and her family but I don't want to go into details at this time.

The short version is that we can be lulled into a false sense of security that is created by familiarity. We learned today that two cousins of a co-worker in Mexico were kidnapped. A happy ending is not expected. I have to blog this because in recent posts I have tried to make a point that Mexico while not considered exotic or dangerous, is. Kidnappings occur for ransom purposes all the time. It's getting worse. Today, it hit home hard for someone I know and I have no words to express how much sympathy and I hope I have for her and her family.

Everyone who reads this blog has had their lives touched by loss and has shared support with each other either in words or in thoughts. Tonight, I ask that you send good wishes at large towards Monterrey, MX. They will be needed.

Comments

  1. The bad things like kidnappings going on down south is scary, and that is why my friend decided not to take the annual trip to Mexico for his birthday. I'm going to suggest he plan a trip to Sedona this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary that you're going there but someone has to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list