It's a two hotel night this week. First up was the Courtyard Oxnard where I was surprised by being Guest of the Day. I have never been Guest of the Day at a Marriott property in all these years. I got a $10 credit for the mini-pantry so I could stock up on bottled water and snacks. All good so far. I checked in and went to my room only to hear the television blaring from inside the room. I froze and stopped. The memory of walking into someone else's room last year was still with me. Now some hotels have the TV turned on with a welcome screen displaying your name but I didn't remember this being the case ever at a CY. I decided to err on the side of caution and went back down to the lobby and asked the desk clerk to call the room or double-check for me. She upgraded me right away to a suite so I'm guessing someone was in the room. What a difference from the last stay at the Four Points where the desk clerk insisted that I made a mistake. I got my bottle of water and gum and turned in my credit slip only to have a different desk clerk give it back and tell me that I still had credit and not to waste it. Wow.

Comments

  1. You have alot of experience on hoteling! I just made that word up. love, bon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list