Sheraton Cairo, 21st floor. Only a short distance from the usual hotel but a whole new experience. I am in the middle of all of the noise of the commuter traffic and a never-ending parade of cars and horns. I like the noise of Cairo so I'm okay with it but relaxing it is not.
If the sky was clear I would be able to see the pyramids but the smog is obstructing the other side of the river so no view today.
Day 15 of the trip. This is my first downtime day and now that I had a chance to sleep in, eat a slow breakfast (cucumbers & cheese) I am ready for a nap and it's only noon. Things that make me happy today are in-room coffee and a real steam iron instead of the dorky press iron that never works. My fruit basket is edible so lunch is an easy deal today. I have plenty of bottled water and all I need is boost of energy or maybe more caffeine!

Comments

  1. I hope you haven't had to drive in that traffic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list