My personal travel involves a odd thought process. Family vacation this year is in Rome. I had enough hotel points to get us free rooms for a total of four nights, in Rome and Florence. But in my mind, I knew the value of all these rooms in dollars (major expense) and that's how I think of the hotels. (not as free). So I'm talking to Homer about the hotel for the last night (Hilton and I have no points) and how we should just buy with the great pre-pay offer. He's all - but it's $190. And I'm thinking - but all out other hotels were hitting $500. Then I remembered, our other hotels were free. Duh.

But $190 a night at an airport hotel in Rome is a bargain, especially when you can wake up and walk to the airport. Worth every Euro or Dollar that's spent. The same hotel via a travel agent was $430. The power of the net and the pre-pay is awesome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list