The saga of life while living single in a family neighborhood continues....

Yesterday morning I left the house before sunrise. As I drove down my street I saw a familar and annoying sight. It was a shadow image of the much hated abondoned plastic playhouse. "Oh no! A second one!" I thought in total panic. Then I realized it was the same playhouse but someone had moved it to the other end of street. Oh happy day! I'm sure it was my next door neighbor since he had also resented the playhouse from day 1. Happiness only lasts so long because after a 2 month hiatus, dog poop has reappeared on my front lawn. It's a big dog too. At least the side yard is still protected weekly by pepper and hot spices blends.

The yard waste was picked up today after another 4 week AWOL from the yard waste recyclers. That's a bonus so I can finally (in a couple weeks) de-weed the backyard again. Such is life in Carlsbad suburbs. The next door kids are done with school for the day so it's only a matter of hours before the little one has his daily meltdown and all playtime ends.

Comments

  1. We have a plastic toy box that has been slowly making its way around the cul-de-sac. I will burn it if it lands in our front yard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list