The Palace of Culture is the best landmark and is also the view from my window. As I walked around last night, I was able to get one picture in before dark. I thought I could navigate by the green domed buildings or church steeples but both were everywhere and they all looked alike.
Warsaw is a pleasant surprise. As the end of September comes to a close, the weather is still around 60F, sunny, and the trees are turning yellow with the approach of fall. Parks are everywhere. I’ve rarely seen a big city with so many parks and where the parks are not, small gardens exist in their place. This is also an easy walking city. While not quite a grid, the streets are close enough to make navigation simple and there are a few tall building to serve as landmarks. I’m not sure how many miles I’ve walked here but I have covered territory from the city center, to the old town, to the parks and back.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog