Chick flick alert! Guys you can tune out if you want. To get some AC, I went and saw "Vanity Fair" and found it to be an enjoyable movie. Not perfect as it was almost 2.5 hours and lost focus at times, even forgetting to update us on major characters but still fun to watch. It flows on the brain easily enough and everyone could follow the plot. How could we not when the 3 old ladies in the back commented loudly on everything? Look, it's the sister! Look, he came back! Oh, that's not good!

The average age of the audience - 60. It was the 10:00 am screening at $4.00 so that had a lot to do with the demographics. 90% women and 10% guys dragged along.

The costumes and sets were vibrant and sure to get Oscar nominated. I was disappointed that India was only in the movie for a few moments. The reviews I read had all commented on how the movie got India right. That's simply not a true statement when the country barely exists in the script at all. The reviewers also criticized the movie for being too nice. Well sometimes I like nice and it worked for me.

The movie is easy on the brain and eyes and if it's a happy world, then that's okay with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list