This one's for the Heavy Metal fans. Today I met the bassist of Modessa, a local metal band here in San Diego. Sal is extremely enthusiastic about the band and gave me a copy of their 6 song ep - "Of Gods And Monsters." While I'm not a huge metal fan I do like movies and since two other songs titles were "Frankenstein" and "The Bride of Frankenstein" I knew I had to give the cd a try. I was happy to discover that this band is quite talented and has plenty of potential. The music slightly reminds me of Metallica (that's a good thing) but the lyrics all belong to Modessa. (also a good thing)

Metal fans in San Diego are probably well acquainted with Dream Street in OB and that's where Modessa's next gig will be. You can check them out live on Thursday, Sept. 20th. For more information go to: http://www.geocities.com/modessa666/home.html

In addition to good music, they have a darn good web page. Enjoy. Parental warnings apply, if that matters to you. Did I mention they're Heavy Metal? Or as some would say - Hardcore. My favorite song on the ep is the title as well "Of Gods And Monsters."

Comments

  1. Correction - they play on Thursday, Sep. 30th.

    In other local SD music news, The Dragons are disbanding, and have one of their last three shows tonight at the Casbah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list