Part of this post will make no sense. It's all due to yesterday's movie "What The Bleep Do We Know?." While I am far from a Quantum physicist I already knew about the movie's basic concept "we are what we think." The movie just couldn't say it as well as someone who's been teaching that for years on TV - Dr. Phil.

This obscure movie was released in April and has been playing for a while in a local theater. I decided to go because as a good SF fan, we support our actors. Armin Shimmerman who played Quark on DS9 was credited as the star and I had met him on one of the Trek cruises which is usually a good reason to see someone's movie.

To digress, this was also baseball Saturday and Mondo and I were meeting Kathy & Brian later that day. A pre-game movie seemed a great idea.

The official sites synopsis:

“WHAT THE #$*! DO WE KNOW?!” is a new type of film. It is part documentary, part story, and part elaborate and inspiring visual effects and animations. The protagonist, Amanda, played by Marlee Matlin, finds herself in a fantastic Alice in Wonderland experience when her daily, uninspired life literally begins to unravel, revealing the uncertain world of the quantum field hidden behind what we consider to be our normal, waking reality.

Or more specifically: Science, Spirituality, Humor and a New Paradigm: “What the #$BLEEP*! Do We Know!?” is a wake-up call to the hundreds of thousands of people who are searching for a voice somewhere in this fragmented culture who have been awaiting a catalyst.

Ho Hum. It was an overplayed, too long, want to be Nova show, all about mind-body connection. If you think you're fat, your cells will be fat. If you're mean to water, the water cells will turn ugly and brown. (Mondo - that part is true. I looked it up. Meanwhile the move with a running time of 1:51 just dragged on with animation of jelly bellies showing how our thoughts act our in our body. It's also full of various experts eager to share their theories. Mondo gave up at 1:40 and bailed to the safety of the lobby. Mondo had very much felt the touch of the cult. I thought the end was near but at 2:00 the thing was still repeating the ending and I gave up. My shock was the theater was packed! We had been sitting up front and had no clue so many people were there. Plus after Mondo left the wierd guy next to me kept looking at me and it freaked me out.

Oh - Armin, he was in it for all of 60 seconds! I looked up the bios of the film makers, none of them are in a cult or scientologists. They really wanted to make a serious movie. Mondo was scared of the blonde lady (the movie didn't provide names) and I found out that she's a human female who is channeling the energy of Ramtha. Good call Mondo!

The end result is this movie achieved it's objective - I'm blogging about it. But I'm also blogging to tell you not to see it. Readers of this site have better movies to see. Just give in and see Shrek 2! What's taking you so long?

Now onto the game. I had great seats behind home plate and last night the Padre's retired Jersey #19, Tony Gywnn's number! We were able to see the entire presentation close up instead of on the Jumbotron. It was cool and Tony received many standing ovations. The ceremony took over 30 minutes and the game actually started late. First time I've seen that! I thought with all the good TG Karma out there that the Padres would win big. Nope, they played poorly and ended up losing the the Rockies 8-2. We stayed until the end of the 9th because what else was there to do at that moment? Oh well Padres, there's always next year.

That pretty much ended the day except for a late night excursion to Borders before heading on home. I can now get that movie out of my mind since it's sunny and warm this morning and I have things to do!

Comments

  1. They even showed some of the ceremony at the stadium. Tony had a pre-recored message for us fans at the Aztec game, which was nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list