I've just returned from the "Replay" screening at the Carlsbad Film Fest. First up, we had a 14 minute short "Birdhouses." I'm not a fan of shorts so 14 minutes felt like forever. Enough said, I'm sure it was good as far as shorts go. On to the feature. "Replay" is for people who liked "Memento" or old Perry Mason shows. If you 're fans of crime novels, then this is your movie. Producer David Butler was there to present the movie (always a nice touch) and gave us the background that it was shot in 4.5 days with 17 pages of film script. The rest of the movie was the voice-over of detectives, documenting the evidence of a crime. The big challenge of the movie was setting up the 21 camera angles that the detectives would watch to eventually solve the who-dunnit aspect of the movie. Good techincal film-making but I was bored. Sorry guys. Others in the audience really enjoyed the movie so I might be in the minority.

Afterwards the film fans and myself headed over to Karl Strauss for Padres baseball, movie recap, food and beer.

While life goes on in California, our thoughts are with the east coast friends & family of 9/11 sorrows. I wish everyone well today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list