Finally a relaxing day! Wonderful Saturday has arrived! Mondo, Ms. Kitty and I did the morning beach walk and got our daily exercise. The key point of exercise is to be able to eat more, so for today's lunch we decided to try the new Portuguese restaurant in OB. We wandered in and found the lunch prices reasonable, the decor inviting and the crowd non-existent. So far, so good. The waitress recommended the tuna steak or cod sandwiches. Mondo as usual stuck with beef, (good call) and I tried the tuna. I took a bite and yuck! I had to spit it out! It was a really poor quality probably old piece of tuna. The waitress seemed confused as to what to do or say, so I assume that my comments were disregarded. The owner didn't come over and they all just sort of stared at my plate of uneaten food as we left. Strange. Well in fairness the other two sandwiches weres good and the other diners appeared happy. Still, you just never know when you're serving someone food safety knowledgeable or a blogger. I my case both. I didn't bother to look at the restaurant's name but if you live in OB, you know it's the new one.

Afterwards we settled in for old Farscape viewing and Stella Artois. The food experience was so bad that I could only drink one beer! Luckily I found the cure in choc. chip ice cream just now. Time to watch the DVD of Empire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list